So of course, I sat up and tuned in when season eight of Dancing With The Stars premiered last night. And I found myself grinning in delight, not only because of the dancing -- but also because of the hairstyles.
Ballroom and television are two areas where hair and costumes must be over-the-top, and DWTS doesn't disappoint. And there were a couple of styles that will serve as inspiration the next time I have a formal event, or when I'm just feeling creative.
... Melissa's sideswept updo. Not only is the girl a great dancer, but her hair rocked, especially with the oversize blue flower. And it seems easy enough to do -- a large, loose french braid in the front leading down to a low bun on the right side of the face.
Another cute look....
And I gotta say....
...I was feeling the idea behind Lil' Kim's style. It's a large twist circling the crown of the head, with a metallic decoration woven throughout. The look was finished off with a rhinestone pin on the side.
The cool thing about styles like these is that they can be adapted and re-interpreted, no matter your length or texture. I want to try each of these on a good twist-out, though I think the Lil' Kim style would look especially cute with a curly 'fro.
Oh, and I promise, when I do try these, I will take pictures! :o)
Have you ever been inspired by flashy show styles?
Hair & Beauty
- Kiss (Condition) and Make Up
- Kitchen Magician
- Apologize, Apologize.
- V-Styles: Proper Topper
- Monday Meditation
- Formal Curls: Karen's Wedding
- Would You Rock It? -- Extreme Updo
- The Great Lustrasilk Debate: Shea and Mango vs. Ol...
- Formal Curls: Flowered Updo
- Go Look: Curly Nikki's Top 10
- Rewind: Voyage to India
- Sisterhood of the Spiraling Strands: Tara
- Beauty Buys: Milani Cosmetics Lip Mixers
- Monday Meditation
- Gimme: Sand and Sea Eye Palette from Estee Lauder
- A Thought: "Hair Like Yours"
- Feathered Friend.
- Curl Alert: Alicia Keys
- Update: Charter Day
- Baltimore Natural Hair Care Expo
- In Other News: The Story of the Mirror.
- Twists Out
- Finally! Twists
- More Formal Inspiraton: Carolina Herrera
- More Formal Inspiration.
- Charter Day = Formal Hair!
- For the Tech-Savvy Curly: Haircaster
- Style Inspiration: Dancing With The Stars
- Curly Paparazzi
- In Other News: Sisterly Love
- In Other News: Good Eats
- Glamour Mag: Natural Hair a "Do"
- V-Styles: The Accidental Roll
- Accessories! EEEEE!
- Fly Style -- Loc Bun
- Wish List: Serpentine Headband
- Friday 'Fro(s) on a Sunday Morning
- ▼ March (39)