Thursday, March 26, 2009
2:06 PM | Posted by Veronica Marché | Edit Post
If you obsess over the natural hair care blogs like I do, then you'd be familiar with the hoopla over Lustrasilk's Shea Butter and Mango Cholesterol Conditioner. It's orange, it's creamy, and every body loves it.
So on a recent trip to Sally's (to buy a comb that I didn't find), I picked one up, wanting to see what all the fuss was about. But, lo and behold, there was another Lustrasilk product sitting right next to it -- this one creamy, and green .. the Olive Oil Cholesterol Conditioner.
Oh boy. Decisions, decisions...
Then I decided, "What the hey. I'll get both."
I mean, at $2.79 each, there's no reason not to.
Not to mention, I just realized there are tea tree and aloe vera varieties too. (My roommate has the "herbal" version.) I have my eye on the aloe one... but that'll have to wait. I already have these two huge, brand-new jars of "stuff."
Anywhoo, I'll be comparing the shea butter Lustrasilk and the olive oil Lustrasilk as styling creams. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for-- maybe some kind of hallelujah moment -- but if I figure out something groundbreaking, you'll know. :o)
Have you tried either (or any) of the Lustrasilk conditioners? What's your take?
Hair & Beauty
- Kiss (Condition) and Make Up
- Kitchen Magician
- Apologize, Apologize.
- V-Styles: Proper Topper
- Monday Meditation
- Formal Curls: Karen's Wedding
- Would You Rock It? -- Extreme Updo
- The Great Lustrasilk Debate: Shea and Mango vs. Ol...
- Formal Curls: Flowered Updo
- Go Look: Curly Nikki's Top 10
- Rewind: Voyage to India
- Sisterhood of the Spiraling Strands: Tara
- Beauty Buys: Milani Cosmetics Lip Mixers
- Monday Meditation
- Gimme: Sand and Sea Eye Palette from Estee Lauder
- A Thought: "Hair Like Yours"
- Feathered Friend.
- Curl Alert: Alicia Keys
- Update: Charter Day
- Baltimore Natural Hair Care Expo
- In Other News: The Story of the Mirror.
- Twists Out
- Finally! Twists
- More Formal Inspiraton: Carolina Herrera
- More Formal Inspiration.
- Charter Day = Formal Hair!
- For the Tech-Savvy Curly: Haircaster
- Style Inspiration: Dancing With The Stars
- Curly Paparazzi
- In Other News: Sisterly Love
- In Other News: Good Eats
- Glamour Mag: Natural Hair a "Do"
- V-Styles: The Accidental Roll
- Accessories! EEEEE!
- Fly Style -- Loc Bun
- Wish List: Serpentine Headband
- Friday 'Fro(s) on a Sunday Morning
- ▼ March (39)