Monday, March 23, 2009

Beauty Buys: Milani Cosmetics Lip Mixers

Could it be...? Have I found that perfect gloss?

Methinks I have.
On a random (and totally unnecessary) run to CVS, I picked up Milani's new Lip Mixer lip gloss in "Lip Stir." Now, those of you who've seen my purse know that I really don't need another lip gloss. But when I saw it, I felt some stir deep within my soul, yearning and longing for a connection to this new concoction.

Why? 'Cause it's pretty.

It's a pretty cool product -- a base of creamy color, topped with two shades of shimmer. The three combine forces when you pull the doe-foot applicator out of the tube.

No sooner than when I bought it (along with a replacement Vanilla Silk conditioner and an Almond Joy) was I in my car trying it on. Nope, I couldn't wait. And I fell. In. Love.

For my skin tone, the Lip Stir color the perfect neutral. It's described as terracotta with a peach shimmer and beige shine. The mixture of warms and cools seems to work well for me, since my skintone doesn't easily lend itself to temperature matching. (It's maddening, quite honestly). The colors creates a shade that doesn't wash my lips out, but it doesn't look like a fussy, painted-on gloss either. Plus, it has just enough shimmer and more than enough shine. And it lasts -- at least it has since I tried it on about four hours ago. Haven't eaten with it yet.

Actually, that's a lie. I had that Almond Joy.

So yeah, color me happy... and glossy. I forsee this coming out every morning before I head out the door to work.

And for those of you who are wondering -- I've gone on a makeup tangent the last couple of days because I've done nothing with my hair. Whoops. :o) But once I figure out what I'm going to do with it this week, I'll be back in action. I promise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment