Tuesday, April 7, 2009

SheaMoisture!

Look what I found!


I've seen the ladies on NaturallyCurly.com mention SheaMoisture Leave-In, but didn't really know much about it and never saw it in a store... until yesterday, when I went to pick up my Elasta QP DPR-11 at the massive beauty supply store on Georgia Avenue.

It's rich and emollient and creamy and a lot thicker than any other leave-in that I've used, so I'm curious as to how to go about using it. Clearly I won't be using as much at one time as I do other leave-ins. Maybe I'll mix it up with some water when I use it. I dunno, I got a lot of thoughts running through my head.

Have any of you used SheaMoisture? How do you use it... and do you like it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just got this today. i hope it works out well for the both of us lol. gawwgus hair gurl =]

Kathy (St. Hill) Simpkins said...

I used this as a leave-in when I did my 2-strand twists. I followed up with coconut oil and sealed the ends with castor oil. It smells really great and was less greasy than my own blend of shea-butter and oils that I would normally use. My hair didn't dry as fast when I used this and for that reason alone I will continue to use. Normally when I twist without a leave-in by the time I finish the back of my head the front is all dry...LOL!

Anyhoooo, even with the follow-up of coconut oil and castor oil my hair was not greasy and stayed moisturized. I think I'm going to try it for wash and go summers too.

Post a Comment